12 great mispronunciations of Scottish hills
- Sgurr Derg (rather than Sgurr Jerrack) for Sgurr Dearg.
- Dumyat (rather than Dum-eye-at) for Dumyat.
- Ben Bud for Beinn Bhuidhe.
- Ben Lawyers for Ben Lawers.
- Bookailly Etive Mor (1st word to rhyme with "ukulele") for Buachaille Etive Mor.
- Lee-a-gash/Lee-a-tash/Lee-a-gach/Lee-attack for Liathach. (Surely the correct one's in there somewhere? - confused Ed.)
- Sgurr da Doo Ben Ben for Sgurr Dubh na Da Bheinn (as in....I met him on a Monday & my heart stood still...)
- Ben Chonzie for Ben Chonzie (seems it ought to be Ben-y-Hone although does anyone know why?)
- Aonach Eagach: too many mispronunciations to mention. If in doubt, try "Aggy Ridge".
- Ben Eemie for Beinn Ime.
- Monoliths/Mona Lisa for Monadh Liath.
- Ben Arthur for The Cobbler.
(That's enough mispronounciasians - Ed.)
TAC 1 Index