Oh No.....It's the TAC Christmas Quiz!!!
Super 1st prize - Murdo Munro T-Shirt (see page 11 for details)
2nd prize - 1 year's free subscription to TAC.
Draw to be made at the Bells on Hogmanay. First two all-correct entries out of the balaclava will win, or nearest incorrect entries should no-one get all 8 questions right. State whether L or XL T-shirt preferred.
Entries to TAC, House 48, 170 Sandiefield Road, Glasgow G5 ODL no later than 30/12/91. Editors and employees of TAC, together with family and friends of Murdo Munro, need not bother competing.
- The shortest variant of the tourist path onto which well known Munro includes a 25ft vertical metal ladder?
- Where in the Highlands, other than Glen Coe, are there hotels named The Clachaig and The Kingshouse, approx. 9 miles apart?
- Odd one out, and why: Sgorr Dhonuill, Andrewhinney Hill, Carn Ealasaid, Sgurr Fiona, Ben Challum.
- Name the most easterly 2000ft hill wholly within Scotland. (Clue: could have been included as part of Q3.)
- There was once a famous edition of the late Russell Harty's chatshow in which he was physically assaulted by Grace Jones. Who was the other, hillwalking-related, guest that evening?
- Connection please between the recent Kincardine and Deeside by-election and the late lamented vistor's book in Ossian's Cave in Glen Coe.
- Name shared by an Indian city on the fringe of the Himalaya and an Ayrshire mining village on the fringe of Galloway?
- How many toes does Reinhold Messner have?
TAC 4 Index