The Angry Corrie 29: Nov-Dec 96
- The third in the ongoing series of TACit Tables is now available: World Tops and Bottoms - High and low points of all countries and their dependencies, compiled by Grant Hutchison with illustrations by Chris Tyler. Your very own little red book includes locations, heights, indigenous names etc for all 192 countries and 42 dependencies. These are ordered by continent, whilst appendices give the Highest/Lowest High/Low Points, and the High/Low Points nearest/furthest from the centre of the earth. 28pp, price #2, or #2.40 including p&p.
- The next three TACit Tables continue to slouch towards Bethlehem, and indeed may well appear, like stars in the east, around Christmas time. These will form a linked series, each detailing Marilyns (hills with 150m drop) and Hewitts (Hills of England, Wales and Ireland over Two Thousand feet). The pioneering Irish booklet - based on the latest series of Irish OS maps and listing 455 Marilyns and 211 Irish Hewitts - comes from ED Clements. The Welsh and English booklets will be by Alan Blanco. Still no precise dates and details, but soon, soon ...
- For the pre-festive TAC29 and TAC30 only, a special bumper present offer is available! All five current TACit publications (Walking the Watershed, Munro's Fables, and the Grahams, Murdos and World Tables) together for only #19 inc p&p, and with a six-issue subscription to TAC itself thrown in - an overall saving of #8.80! Mark your order "Festive Offer", and make either yourself or some other walker happy this winter.
- If you only want part of this package, then the first two TACit Tables, The Grahams and the New Donalds and The Murdos, are still available at #1.95 each inc p&p (or #3.70 inc p&p the pair). PC or Mac disks of these two booklets only are also available. Providing data in hypertext, Excel and plain text formats, these cost #4 a time inc p&p. 10% of all booklet and disk sales are being donated to the John Muir Trust.
- Walking the Watershed by Dave Hewitt, 240pp, #7.99 (#9 inc p&p), and Munro's Fables by Grant Hutchison and Chris Tyler, 104pp, #5.99 (#6.50 inc p&p). #13.50 inc p&p the pair. Playing the parts of Exodus and Leviticus against the Tables' Numbers.
- Chris Tyler's Skye Bridge T-shirt (TAC25 front cover.) Sizes XL, L and M, #11.50 each or #14.50 as part of a sub/shirt package.
- TAC subscription (six issues), #6; sub+shirt = #14.50; WtW+shirt+sub = #22.50; MF+shirt+sub = #20.50; WtW+MF+shirt+sub = #28. If just ordering subs or shirts, please write cheque to The Angry Corrie. If books/booklets are involved, make it TACit Press. Everything from House 48, 170 Sandiefield Road, Glasgow G5 0DL.